Blue and Gray Index du Forum

Blue and Gray
Le Forum de l'Association Blue and Gray

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Scotland's Andy Robertson says players must prove their wort

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Blue and Gray Index du Forum -> Les Campagnes de la 29th Division -> La Normandie
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
chanoudom

MessagePosté le: Mar 20 Mar - 10:03 (2018)    Sujet du message: Scotland's Andy Robertson says players must prove their wort Répondre en citant

sbobet online 24 Alex McLeish’s reign as Scotland boss gives all of the players a "clean slate", according to full-back Andy Robertson.

McLeish was appointed as Gordon Strachan's successor last month, and his gets his second spell in charge underway against Costa Rica on Friday, live on Sky Sports Football.

Liverpool left-back Robertson is one of the more experienced players in Scotland's squad - despite just turning 24 - and he believes McLeish's arrival will invigorate Scotland's untested players in particular.

"Especially for the young lads and the new boys - I think it helps that a new manager is in because it is a clean slate for everyone," Robertson told Sky Sports News.

"We all have to prove ourselves to the manager. He's obviously seen us play for our clubs but we have never worked under him other than maybe Greggs [Alan McGregor], who has worked under him at Rangers. Other than that, we need to prove ourselves, and we need to prove that we are worthy of a place in the starting XI or a place in the squad.

"I think that will help maybe the young lads, and the new lads in the squad, and perhaps boys that didn't get a chance under previous managers. That's the excitement of a new manager and especially in international football a lot can change. People can build confidence and hopefully we can use that."

Robertson remains grateful to former boss Strachan but says McLeish has already begun to make his mark on this Scotland squad.

"Gordon gave me my debut and played me in big games and put his faith in me, Robertson said. sbobet online 24

"I'll always hold him in high regard and I think a lot of the boys do [as well] but obviously the [new] gaffer now has come in. Him and the coaches have come across really well, but after getting a few more training sessions and a couple of games under our belts, we can see how he fully works.

"I think it will certainly take this week for him to get his points across. But first impressions are always important, and in his first meeting he came across really positive and gave the boys belief coming out of it.

"I think that's what we need and long may that continue."

Robertson and Celtic's Kieran Tierney, who has been ruled out for the friendlies with a calf injury, have both been mentioned as potential candidates to replace former captain Scott Brown, who retired from international football last month.

The 24-year-old says he would be honoured to lead his country but insists whoever gets the role going forward has a huge job in replacing Scotland's influential former skipper .

"If you ask any of the boys if they'd like to captain their country I don't think they would turn their nose at it," Robertson added.

"But there's plenty of candidates in there. I've been in the squad with the experienced lads and there were a lot of leaders in there even when Scott Brown was here. He was a fantastic captain for a number of years and we were very lucky to have him and Darren Fletcher, who both led by example and did a terrific job.

"Whoever gets it will have big boots to fill. The armband is a massive source of pride but it won't stop people leading on the pitch." sbobet online 24

ICQ AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN GTalk/Jabber
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 20 Mar - 10:03 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
chanoudom

MessagePosté le: Jeu 19 Avr - 04:18 (2018)    Sujet du message: Ronaldo's backheel flick saves Real Madrid Répondre en citant

บอล ชุด Cristiano Ronaldo has saved Real Madrid with a late equaliser in his side's 1-1 La Liga draw with Athletic Bilbao. Cristiano Ronaldo came through for Real Madrid again, this time with a backheel flick that saved his team from a loss in the Spanish league.

Ronaldo netted an 87th-minute equaliser with a subtle touch of the ball with his back to the goal, redirecting a low shot by Luka Modric from outside the area to give Madrid a 1-1 draw against Athletic Bilbao on Wednesday. The goal added to Ronaldo's impressive scoring run and kept Madrid in the fight for second place, three points from Atletico Madrid, who visit Real Sociedad on Thursday.

Barcelona, who drew 2-2 at Celta Vigo on Tuesday, hold a 12-point lead at the top of the standings. Inaki Williams put Athletic ahead with a chip from inside the area in the 14th, but Madrid pressured throughout the match at Santiago Bernabeu Stadium until finally breaking through with the neat close-range touch by Ronaldo.

The Portuguese superstar extended his scoring streak to 12 consecutive matches, which equals his best run with the Spanish club. During that stretch he has scored 22 goals, and netted 26 times in his last 15 matches. "We leave with mixed feelings," Athletic coach Jose Angel Ziganda said. "The team played well throughout the match. It was a pity to concede that goal in the end. We were close to victory." บอล ชุด

Athletic nearly made it 2-0 when Raul Garcia struck the crossbar with a shot from near the penalty spot in the 66th. Ronaldo had struck the woodwork with a header early in the first half. "We are happy with our performance but not with the result," Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane said. "We lacked calm on the final pass and ended up making too many crosses into the area, which was not ideal."

It was the third straight game without a win at home for Madrid. Valencia stayed fourth after a 2-1 home loss to Getafe, their second straight setback after an unbeaten nine-match run. Loic Remy scored a goal in each half for Getafe, who moved to eighth place while Rodrigo scored his seventh goal in seven matches for Valencia. บอล ชุด

chanoudom

MessagePosté le: Sam 21 Avr - 09:32 (2018)    Sujet du message: European papers: Emre Can torn between Juventus and Bayern M Répondre en citant

sbo666 With the end of the season approaching, Europe's biggest clubs are already plotting their summer moves with a World Cup to negotiate around. Our friends at Football Whispers have scoured the European media to round up the latest transfer news and big stories.

Italy
Liverpool's Emre Can is torn between Juventus and Bayern Munich. The German midfielder's contract runs out at the end of the season and he did not feature on the images for his current club's new kit launch, giving further hints that he will leave this summer. (Corriere dello Sport)

Inter will double the salary of attacking right-back Joao Cancelo in order to ward off interest from a number of Premier League clubs. The Portuguese is currently on loan from Valencia, but the Serie A side hope to exercise a buyout clause in the contract, which stands at €35m (£30.5m), to make the move permanent. (Gazzetta)

Spain
Paul Pogba will find it difficult to get a move to one of Spain's big two as Lionel Messi has advised Barcelona to look elsewhere, and Real Madrid don't want to deal with Pogba's agent, Mino Raiola. He is thought to be on a list of players Jose Mourinho will look to offload this summer. (Diario Gol)

Zinedine Zidane is disappointed with the passive attitude displayed by Gareth Bale at Real Madrid, and this was the reason he was withdrawn at half-time in the second leg against Juventus. When asked by Cristiano Ronaldo to show more aggression in the second half, Bale merely smiled. Zidane saw this and replaced him with Lucas Vázquez. The Welshman has been linked with a return to England. (AS) sbo666

Germany
It would take a "special" offer for German midfielder Pascal Gross to leave Brighton. After an excellent season on the south coast, the 26-year-old is attracting interest from other clubs in England and Germany. "I feel comfortable in Brighton," he said. "It would have to be a great offer, which you might not get in your career. Something very special." (Kicker)

France
Rennes midfielder Sanjin Prcic could leave the Ligue 1 club for Valencia this summer. The 24-year-old's contract expires in June. (L'Equipe) Unai Emery has denied being in talks with other clubs, after reports from Spain linked him to Real Sociedad. "I would like to make it clear that I am still focused on Paris Saint-Germain and the objectives that we have left," he tweeted. (Various) sbo666

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 03:35 (2018)    Sujet du message: Scotland's Andy Robertson says players must prove their wort

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Blue and Gray Index du Forum -> Les Campagnes de la 29th Division -> La Normandie Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation